The whole school created a bat for the Warooka Bats for Will Exhibition. An amazing contribution and community commitment. The school children also created small cut outs and painted them for the exhibition. The life of our school began in 1957 when Monsignor Redden opened St Columba’s Memorial school. At that time both day and boarding school students were enrolled under the care of the Sisters of St Joseph. Over the years renovations and additions have updated the school’s faculties. A significant milestone was marked in 1994 when the sisters vacated the convent building to provide more space for the school’s needs. An indication of the commitment of the school community can be gained from the major endeavour of parents who worked for thirty-five consecutive Saturdays to renovate the convent building and later, erected a large shelter shed.In 2002 the Sisters of St Joseph left Yorketown for other ministries and the first lay principal was appointed. Each year the memory of the founding sisters is honoured with the conferring of a student citizenship award, named after Sr Pamela Patterson, a much loved contributor to the school in the early years.